Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wrap

Today's recipe: Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wrap
Recipe From: EatingWell.com

Hey Everyone! Sorry it's been so stinking long since I've posted on here. As a lot of you may know, I have been training for a marathon (check out my progress) With the training I have been trying to eat healthy and I needed to take a break from eating the foods that I eating on a normal basis. So starting today, I am going to be posting healthy recipes, that actually taste good. And I promise, If I make a healthy meal and it doesn't taste good. I WONT POST IT! So no need to worry! Here is the first recipe of the night! hope you enjoy!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:
15- 20 minutes
Ready In:
25-30 minutes
Serves:
4
Calories: 394 each

Here's What You'll Need:
12 oz. 93%- lean ground beef
1 cup refried beans
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 prepared salsa
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
4 whole wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 lime cut into 4 wedges


Directions:



1. Position oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat broiler. Coat broiler pan with cooking spray.
2. Gently combine beef, beans, cilantro, and jalapenos in medium bowl. do not over mix. shape into 5 x 2 inch oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
3. Broil the patties until thermometer reads 165 degrees, about 12 to 14 minutes.
4. While patties are cooking mash together avocado, salsa, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
5. Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread each with guacamole, then sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.


The Finished Product!

beef and bean


My Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Clean Plates

0 comments: